That which constitutes distinction of person; individuality.
- The quality or condition of being a person.
- The totality of qualities and traits, as of character or behavior, that are peculiar to a specific person.
- The pattern of collective character, behavioral, temperamental, emotional, and mental traits of a person: Though their personalities differed, they got along as friends.
- Distinctive qualities of a person, especially those distinguishing personal characteristics that make one socially appealing: won the election more on personality than on capability. See Synonyms at disposition.
- A person as the embodiment of distinctive traits of mind and behavior.
- A person of prominence or notoriety: television personalities.
- An offensively personal remark. Often used in the plural: Let's not engage in personalities.
- The distinctive characteristics of a place or situation: furnishings that give a room personality.