One who plays, or amuses himself; one without serious aims; an idler; a trifler.
- One that plays, especially:
- One who participates in a game or sport.
- A gambler.
- One who performs in theatrical roles.
- One who plays a musical instrument.
- An active participant: a major player in world affairs.
- The mechanism actuating a player piano.
- A machine that reproduces recorded audio or audio-visual material.
- Slang One who actively seeks out sexual partners and carries on a number of sexual affairs at the same time.