A rope, chain, or rod attached to anything to steady it; as: a rope to steady or guide an object which is being hoisted or lowered; a rope which holds in place the end of a boom, spar, or yard in a ship; a chain or wire rope connecting a suspension bridge with the land on either side to prevent lateral swaying; a rod or rope attached to the top of a structure, as of a derrick, and extending obliquely to the ground, where it is fastened.
- A rope, cord, or cable used to steady, guide, or secure something.
- To steady, guide, or secure with a rope, cord, or cable.
- Informal A man; a fellow.
- Informal Persons of either sex.
- Chiefly British A person of odd or grotesque appearance or dress.
- An effigy of Guy Fawkes paraded through the streets of English towns and burned on Guy Fawkes Day.
- To hold up to ridicule; mock.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
വടമിട്ടു കെട്ടി നേരെ നിര്ത്തുക - Vadamittu Ketti Nere Nirththuka | Vadamittu Ketti Nere Nirthuka ;ഭയങ്കരൂപം - Bhayankaroopam ;താങ്ങ് - Thaangu | Thangu ;ഓവ് - Ovu ;കക്ഷി - Kakshi ; ;