Feeling or manifesting pride, in a good or bad sense
- Feeling pleasurable satisfaction over an act, possession, quality, or relationship by which one measures one's stature or self-worth: proud of one's child; proud to serve one's country.
- Occasioning or being a reason for pride: "On January 1, 1900, Americans and Europeans greeted the twentieth century in the proud and certain belief that the next hundred years would make all things possible” ( W. Bruce Lincoln).
- Feeling or showing justifiable self-respect.
- Filled with or showing excessive self-esteem.
- Of great dignity; honored: a proud name.
- Majestic; magnificent: proud alpine peaks.
- Spirited. Used of an animal: proud steeds.