Not long born; still in the first part of life; not yet arrived at adolescence, maturity, or age; not old; juvenile; -- said of animals; as, a young child; a young man; a young fawn.
- Being in an early period of life, development, or growth.
- Newly begun or formed; not advanced: The evening is still young.
- Of, belonging to, or suggestive of youth or early life: He is young for his age.
- Vigorous or fresh; youthful.
- Lacking experience; immature: a young hand at plowing.
- Being the junior of two people having the same name.
- Geology Being of an early stage in a geologic cycle. Used of bodies of water and land formations.
- Young persons considered as a group; youth: entertainment for the young.
- Offspring; brood: a lioness with her young.
- with young Pregnant. Used of an animal.