One of the large feathers of a bird's wing, or one of the rectrices of the tail; also, the stock of such a feather.
- The hollow stemlike main shaft of a feather. Also called calamus.
- Any of the larger wing or tail feathers of a bird.
- A writing pen made from the shaft of a feather.
- Music A plectrum for a stringed instrument of the clavichord type.
- Music A pipe having a hollow stem.
- A toothpick made from the stem of a feather.
- One of the sharp hollow spines of a porcupine or hedgehog.
- A spindle or bobbin around which yarn is wound in weaving.
- A hollow shaft that rotates on a solid shaft when gears are engaged.
- To wind (thread or yarn) onto a quill.
- To make or press small ridges in (fabric).