One of the curved bones attached to the vertebral column and supporting the lateral walls of the thorax.
- Anatomy One of a series of long curved bones occurring in 12 pairs in humans and extending from the spine to or toward the sternum.
- Anatomy A similar bone in most vertebrates.
- A part or piece similar to a rib and serving to shape or support: the rib of an umbrella.
- A cut of meat enclosing one or more rib bones.
- Nautical One of many curved members attached to a boat or ship's keel and extending upward and outward to form the framework of the hull.
- One of many transverse pieces that provide an airplane wing with shape and strength.
- Architecture A long, narrow, usually arched member projecting from the surface of a structure, especially such a member separating the webs of a vault.
- A raised ridge or wale in knitted material or in cloth.
- Botany The main vein or any of the prominent veins of a leaf or other plant organ.
- Slang A teasing remark or action; a joke.
- To shape, support, or provide with a rib or ribs.
- To make with ridges or raised markings.
- Informal To tease or make fun of. See Synonyms at banter.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
കുടക്കന്പി - Kudakkanpi ;താങ്ങുവയ്ക്കുക - Thaanguvaykkuka | Thanguvaykkuka ;വാരിയെല്ല് - Vaariyellu | Variyellu ;പഴു - Pazhu ;തണ്ട് - Thandu ;ഞരമ്പ് - Njarampu ;