One who reads.
- One that reads.
- One who publicly recites literary works.
- A person employed by a publisher to read and evaluate manuscripts.
- One who corrects printers' proofs; a proofreader.
- A teaching assistant who reads and grades examination papers.
- Chiefly British A university teacher, especially one ranking next below a professor.
- A textbook of reading exercises.
- An anthology, especially a literary anthology.
- A layperson or minor cleric who recites lessons or prayers in church services.