In the widest sense, a dividing into short portions by a regular succession of motions, impulses, sounds, accents, etc., producing an agreeable effect, as in music poetry, the dance, or the like.
- Movement or variation characterized by the regular recurrence or alternation of different quantities or conditions: the rhythm of the tides.
- The patterned, recurring alternations of contrasting elements of sound or speech.
- Music The pattern of musical movement through time.
- Music A specific kind of such a pattern, formed by a series of notes differing in duration and stress: a waltz rhythm.
- Music A group of instruments supplying the rhythm in a band.
- The pattern or flow of sound created by the arrangement of stressed and unstressed syllables in accentual verse or of long and short syllables in quantitative verse.
- The similar but less formal sequence of sounds in prose.
- A specific kind of metrical pattern or flow: iambic rhythm.
- The sense of temporal development created in a work of literature or a film by the arrangement of formal elements such as the length of scenes, the nature and amount of dialogue, or the repetition of motifs.
- A regular or harmonious pattern created by lines, forms, and colors in painting, sculpture, and other visual arts.
- The pattern of development produced in a literary or dramatic work by repetition of elements such as words, phrases, incidents, themes, images, and symbols.
- Procedure or routine characterized by regularly recurring elements, activities, or factors: the rhythm of civilization; the rhythm of the lengthy negotiations.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
താളം - Thaalam | Thalam ;ലയം - Layam ;താളപ്പൊരുത്തം - Thaalapporuththam | Thalapporutham ;ശബ്ദങ്ങളുടെയോ ചലനങ്ങളുടെയോ ലയം - Shabdhangaludeyo Chalanangaludeyo Layam ;ക്രമത്തിലുള്ള ആവർത്തനം - Kramaththilulla Aavarththanam | Kramathilulla avarthanam ;സ്വരപ്പൊരുത്തം - Svarapporuththam | swarapporutham ;