The act of inflecting, or the state of being inflected.
- The act of inflecting or the state of being inflected.
- Alteration in pitch or tone of the voice.
- Grammar An alteration of the form of a word by the addition of an affix, as in English dogs from dog, or by changing the form of a base, as in English spoke from speak, that indicates grammatical features such as number, person, mood, or tense.
- Grammar An affix indicating such a grammatical feature, as the -s in the English third person singular verb form speaks.
- Grammar The paradigm of a word.
- Grammar A pattern of forming paradigms, such as noun inflection or verb inflection.
- A turning or bending away from a course or position of alignment.