An imitation of a rose by means of ribbon or other material, -- used as an ornament or a badge.
- An ornament or badge made of ribbon or silk that is pleated or gathered to resemble a rose and is used to decorate clothing or is worn in the buttonhole of civilian dress to indicate the possession of certain medals or honors.
- A roselike marking or formation, such as one of the clusters of spots on a leopard's fur.
- Architecture A painted, carved, or sculptured ornament having a circular arrangement of parts radiating out from the center and suggesting the petals of a rose.
- Botany A circular cluster of leaves that radiate from a center at or close to the ground, as in the dandelion.
- An ornamental circular band surrounding the central hole of an acoustic guitar.