To soil; to sully; to contaminate; to disgrace.
- To pronounce indistinctly.
- To talk about disparagingly or insultingly.
- To pass over lightly or carelessly; treat without due consideration.
- Music To glide over (a series of notes) smoothly without a break.
- Music To mark with a slur.
- Printing To blur or smear.
- A disparaging remark; an aspersion.
- A slurred utterance or sound.
- Music A curved line connecting notes on a score to indicate that they are to be played or sung legato.
- Music A passage played or sung in this manner.
- Printing A smeared or blurred impression.