To scatter in small drops or particles, as water, seed, etc.
- To scatter in drops or particles: sprinkled sugar on the cereal.
- To scatter drops or particles on.
- To intersperse with something as if by scattering: sprinkled his speech with quotations.
- To distribute or intersperse at random.
- To scatter something in drops or particles.
- To fall or rain in small or infrequent drops.
- The act of sprinkling.
- A light rainfall.
- A small amount; a sprinkling.
- Small particles of candy sprinkled on ice cream as a topping.