A marriage portion; dowry.
- A tiny round mark made by or as if by a pointed instrument; a spot.
- Such a mark used in orthography, as above an i.
- The basic unit of composition for an image produced by a device that prints text or graphics on paper: a resolution of 900 dots per inch.
- A tiny amount.
- In Morse and similar codes, the short sound or signal used in combination with the dash and silent intervals to represent letters, numbers, or punctuation.
- Mathematics A decimal point.
- Mathematics A symbol (·) indicating multiplication, as in 2 · 4 = 8.
- Music A mark after a note indicating an increase in time value by half.
- Computer Science A period, as used as in URLs and e-mail addresses, to separate strings of words, as in www.hmco.com.
- To mark with a dot.
- To form or make with dots.
- To cover with or as if with dots: "Campfires, like red, peculiar blossoms, dotted the night” ( Stephen Crane).
- To make a dot.
- on Exactly at the appointed time; punctual or punctually: arrived at nine o'clock on the dot.
- A woman's marriage portion; a dowry.