Firm in standing or position; not tottering or shaking; fixed; firm.
- Firm in position or place; fixed.
- Direct and unfaltering; sure.
- Free or almost free from change, variation, or fluctuation; uniform: a steady increase in value; a steady breeze.
- Not easily excited or upset: steady nerves.
- Unwavering, as in purpose; steadfast.
- Reliable; dependable.
- Temperate; sober.
- To make or become steady.
- Nautical Used to direct a helmsman to keep a ship's head in the same direction: Steady as she goes!
- The person whom one dates regularly, usually exclusively.