A plate forming an exact faximile of a page of type or of an engraving, used in printing books, etc.; specifically, a plate with type-metal face, used for printing.
- A conventional, formulaic, and oversimplified conception, opinion, or image.
- One that is regarded as embodying or conforming to a set image or type.
- Printing A metal printing plate cast from a matrix molded from a raised printing surface, such as type.
- To make a stereotype of.
- To characterize by a stereotype: "Elderly Americans are the neglected sector of the fashion industry, stereotyped by blue hair and polyester pantsuits” ( American Demographics).
- To give a fixed, unvarying form to.
- To print from a stereotype.