Moving a great distance in a short time; moving with celerity or velocity; fleet; rapid; quick; speedy; prompt.
- Moving or capable of moving with great speed; fast. See Synonyms at fast1.
- Coming, occurring, or accomplished quickly; instant: a swift retort.
- Quick to act or react; prompt: swift to take steps.
- Swiftly. Often used in combination: swift-running.
- A cylinder on a carding machine.
- A reel used to hold yarn as it is being wound off.
- Any of various small dark insect-eating birds of the family Apodidae, related to the hummingbirds and noted for their long strong wings and swift flight.
- Any of various small, fast-moving North American lizards of the genera Sceloporus and Uta.