Short in duration.
- Short in time, duration, length, or extent.
- Succinct; concise: a brief account of the incident.
- Curt; abrupt.
- A short, succinct statement.
- A condensation or an abstract of a larger document or series of documents.
- Law A formal outline listing main contentions along with supporting evidence and documentation.
- Law A document containing all the facts and points of law pertinent to a specific case, filed by an attorney before arguing the case in court.
- Roman Catholic Church A papal letter that is not as formal as a bull.
- A briefing.
- Short, tight-fitting underpants.
- To summarize.
- To give instructions or preparatory information to: briefed the astronauts before the mission.
- in brief In short.