Bold; courageous; daring; intrepid; -- opposed to cowardly; as, a brave man; a brave act.
- Possessing or displaying courage; valiant.
- Making a fine display; impressive or showy: "a coat of brave red lipstick on a mouth so wrinkled that it didn't even have a clear outline” ( Anne Tyler).
- Excellent; great: "The Romans were like brothers/In the brave days of old” ( Thomas Macaulay).
- A Native American warrior.
- A courageous person.
- Archaic A bully.
- To undergo or face courageously.
- To challenge; dare: "Together they would brave Satan and all his legions” ( Emily Brontë).
- Obsolete To make showy or splendid.
- Archaic To make a courageous show or put up a stalwart front.