To write over again, or in the same words; to copy; as, to transcribe Livy or Tacitus; to transcribe a letter.
- To make a full written or typewritten copy of (dictated material, for example).
- Computer Science To transfer (information) from one recording and storing system to another.
- Music To adapt or arrange (a composition) for a voice or instrument other than the original.
- Music To translate (a composition) from one notational system to another.
- Music To reduce (live or recorded music) to notation.
- To record, usually on tape, for broadcast at a later date.
- Linguistics To represent (speech sounds) by phonetic symbols.
- To translate or transliterate.
- Biology To cause (DNA) to undergo transcription.