To write or engrave; to mark down as something to be read; to imprint.
- To write, print, carve, or engrave (words or letters) on or in a surface.
- To mark or engrave (a surface) with words or letters.
- To enter (a name) on a list or in a register.
- To sign one's name or write a brief message in or on (a gift book or photograph, for example).
- To dedicate to someone.
- Mathematics To draw (one figure) within another figure so that every vertex of the enclosed figure touches the outer figure.