A thing of very little value or importance; a paltry, or trivial, affair.
- Something of little importance or value.
- A small amount; a jot.
- A dessert typically consisting of plain or sponge cake soaked in sherry, rum, or brandy and topped with layers of jam or jelly, custard, and whipped cream.
- A moderately hard variety of pewter.
- Utensils made from this variety of pewter.
- To deal with something as if it were of little significance or value.
- To act, perform, or speak with little seriousness or purpose; jest.
- To play or toy with something: Don't trifle with my affections. See Synonyms at flirt.
- To waste (time or money, for example).
- a trifle Very little; somewhat: a trifle stingy.