To advance; to travel.
- The upper part of a boot or shoe covering the instep and sometimes extending over the toe.
- Something patched up or refurbished.
- Something rehashed, as a book based on old material.
- Music An improvised accompaniment.
- To provide (a shoe) with a new vamp.
- To patch up (something old); refurbish.
- To put together; fabricate or improvise: With no hard news available about the summit meeting, the reporters vamped up questions based only on rumor.
- Music To improvise (an accompaniment, for example) for a solo.
- Music To improvise simple accompaniment or variation of a tune.
- A woman who uses her sex appeal to entrap and exploit men.
- To seduce or exploit (someone) in the manner of a vamp.
- To play the part of a vamp.