The ground or spot on which tents, huts, etc., are erected for shelter, as for an army or for lumbermen, etc.
- A place where tents, huts, or other temporary shelters are set up, as by soldiers, nomads, or travelers.
- A cabin or shelter or group of such buildings: gathered branches and grasses for a makeshift camp; had a fishing camp in Vermont.
- The people using such shelters: a howl that awakened the whole camp.
- A place in the country that offers simple group accommodations and organized recreation or instruction, as for vacationing children: a girls' summer camp; a tennis camp.
- Sports A place where athletes engage in intensive training, especially preseason training.
- The people attending the programs at such a place.
- Military service; army life.
- A group of people who think alike or share a cause; side: The council members disagreed, falling into liberal and conservative camps.
- To make or set up a camp.
- To live in or as if in a camp; settle: We camped in the apartment until the furniture arrived.
- To shelter or lodge in a camp; encamp: They camped themselves by a river.
- An affectation or appreciation of manners and tastes commonly thought to be artificial, vulgar, or banal.
- Banality, vulgarity, or artificiality when deliberately affected or when appreciated for its humor: "Camp is popularity plus vulgarity plus innocence” ( Indra Jahalani).
- Having deliberately artificial, vulgar, banal, or affectedly humorous qualities or style: played up the silliness of their roles for camp effect.
- To act in a deliberately artificial, vulgar, or banal way.
- To give a deliberately artificial, vulgar, or banal quality to: camped up their cowboy costumes with chaps, tin stars, and ten-gallon hats.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ഒരു പാര്ട്ടിയിലോ സിദ്ധാത്തിലോ വിശ്വസിക്കുന്നവര് - Oru Paarttiyilo Siddhaaththilo Vishvasikkunnavar | Oru Parttiyilo Sidhathilo Vishvasikkunnavar ;നിര്ദ്ദിഷ്ട പ്രവര്ത്തനത്തിലേര്പ്പെട്ടിരിക്കുന്ന സൈന്യം - Nirddhishda Pravarththanaththilerppettirikkunna Sainyam | Nirdhishda Pravarthanathilerppettirikkunna Sainyam ;പടവീട് - Padaveedu ;തമ്പ് - Thampu ;കൂടാരം - Koodaaram | Koodaram ;താവളമടിക്കുക - Thaavalamadikkuka | Thavalamadikkuka ;