To labor; to travail.
- To go from one place to another, as on a trip; journey.
- To go from place to place as a salesperson or agent.
- To be transmitted, as light or sound; move or pass.
- To advance or proceed.
- To go about in the company of a particular group; associate: travels in wealthy circles.
- To move along a course, as in a groove.
- To admit of being transported without loss of quality; Some wines travel poorly.
- Informal To move swiftly.
- Basketball To walk or run illegally while holding the ball.
- To pass or journey over or through; traverse: travel the roads of Europe.
- The act or process of traveling; movement or passage from one place to another.
- A series of journeys.
- An account of one's journeys.
- Activity or traffic along a route or through a given point.
- The activity or business of arranging trips or providing services for travelers.
- The motion of a piece of machinery, especially of a reciprocating part; stroke.
- The length of a mechanical stroke.