One who, or that which, whisks, or moves with a quick, sweeping motion.
- The hair on a man's cheeks and chin.
- A single hair of a beard or mustache.
- One of the long stiff tactile bristles or hairs that grow near the mouth and elsewhere on the head of most mammals; a vibrissa.
- Informal A narrow margin; a hairsbreadth: The candidate lost the election by a whisker.
- Nautical One of two spars or booms projecting from the side of a bowsprit for spreading the jib or flying-jib guys.
- Chemistry An extremely fine filamentary crystal with extraordinary shear strength and unusual electrical or surface properties.