To contend, by grappling with, and striving to trip or throw down, an opponent; as, they wrestled skillfully.
- To contend by grappling and attempting to throw or immobilize one's opponent, especially under contest rules.
- To contend or struggle: wrestling with budget cuts.
- To strive in an effort to master something: wrestle with one's conscience.
- To take part in (a wrestling match).
- To take part in a wrestling match with.
- To move or lift with great effort and force: wrestled the piano up the stairs.
- To throw (a calf or other animal) for branding.
- The act or a bout of wrestling.
- A struggle.