Any large, rapacious bird of the Falcon family, esp. of the genera Aquila and Haliæetus. The eagle is remarkable for strength, size, graceful figure, keenness of vision, and extraordinary flight. The most noted species are the golden eagle (Aquila chrysaëtus); the imperial eagle of Europe (A. mogilnik or imperialis); the American bald eagle (Haliæetus leucocephalus); the European sea eagle (H. albicilla); and the great harpy eagle (Thrasaetus harpyia). The figure of the eagle, as the king of birds, is commonly used as an heraldic emblem, and also for standards and emblematic devices. See Bald eagle, Harpy, and Golden eagle.
- Any of various large diurnal birds of prey of the family Accipitridae, including members of the genera Aquila and Haliaeetus, characterized by a powerful hooked bill, keen vision, long broad wings, and strong soaring flight.
- A representation of an eagle used as an emblem or insignia.
- A gold coin formerly used in the United States, stamped with an eagle on the reverse side and having a face value of ten dollars.
- Sports A golf score of two strokes under par on a hole.
- To shoot (a hole in golf) in two strokes under par.
- To score an eagle in golf.
Duck , Snail , Turtle , Kangaroo , Dog , Cow , Seal , Fly , Scorpion , Bear , Horse , Alligator , Shark , Fly , Bee , Lobster , Pig , Cat , Shark , Kitten , Wolf , Seal , Cheetah , Snake , Fish , Deer , Chimpanzee , Seal , Monkey , Fly , Cow , Rat , Jaguar , Fish , Aardvark , Shark , Fox , Cow , Bear , Fish , Camel , Duck , Duck , Bear , Sheep , Snake , Goat , Fly , Dolphin , Frog , Fly , Hamster , Duck , Dog , Rhinoceros , Octopus , Lobster , Panda , Bird , Squirrel , Elephant , Horse , Horse , Hippopotamus , Spider , Seal , Bear , Monkey , Puppy , Snake , Bear , Owl , Cat , Lion , Chicken , Giraffe , Bird , Horse , Puppy , Duck , Crocodile , Kitten , Rabbit , Fish , Bear , Frog , Zebra , Rat , Fox , Pig , Tiger , Owl , Cow , Turtle , Fox , Goldfish , Fly , Pig