Any one of several species of wild and savage carnivores belonging to the genus Canis and closely allied to the common dog. The best-known and most destructive species are the European wolf (Canis lupus), the American gray, or timber, wolf (C. occidentalis), and the prairie wolf, or coyote. Wolves often hunt in packs, and may thus attack large animals and even man.
- Either of two carnivorous mammals of the family Canidae, especially the gray wolf of northern regions, that typically live and hunt in hierarchical packs and prey on livestock and game animals.
- The fur of such an animal.
- Any of various similar or related mammals, such as the hyena.
- The destructive larva of any of various moths, beetles, or flies.
- One that is regarded as predatory, rapacious, and fierce.
- Slang A man given to paying unwanted sexual attention to women.
- Music A harshness in some tones of a bowed stringed instrument produced by defective vibration.
- Music Dissonance in perfect fifths on a keyboard instrument tuned to a system of unequal temperament.
- To eat greedily or voraciously: "The town's big shots were ... wolfing down the buffet” ( Ralph Ellison).
- wolf at the door Creditors or a creditor.
- wolf in sheep's clothing One who feigns congeniality while actually holding malevolent intentions.
Cat , Cat , Crocodile , Goldfish , Snake , Octopus , Pig , Duck , Squirrel , Deer , Turtle , Turtle , Cow , Fly , Duck , Aardvark , Goat , Frog , Owl , Cheetah , Puppy , Puppy , Fox , Frog , Pig , Zebra , Fly , Snail , Horse , Shark , Seal , Bear , Kitten , Seal , Dog , Kangaroo , Fly , Elephant , Pig , Dog , Eagle , Hippopotamus , Spider , Bear , Lion , Fly , Alligator , Camel , Sheep , Rabbit , Dolphin , Rat , Fly , Bee , Fish , Duck , Horse , Seal , Shark , Bird , Fox , Fish , Fish , Tiger , Duck , Horse , Snake , Scorpion , Giraffe , Bear , Bear , Seal , Jaguar , Chimpanzee , Chicken , Kitten , Owl , Panda , Cow , Lobster , Rhinoceros , Rat , Fly , Monkey , Cow , Cow , Bear , Horse , Hamster , Shark , Monkey , Fox , Bear , Duck , Bird , Snake , Lobster , Fish