An empire in the southeast of Europe and southwest of Asia.
- A large North American bird (Meleagris gallopavo) that has brownish plumage and a bare wattled head and neck and is widely domesticated for food.
- A related bird (Agriocharis ocellata) of Mexico and Central America, brilliantly colored and having eyelike spots on its tail.
- Slang A person considered inept or undesirable.
- Slang A failure, especially a failed theatrical production or movie.
- Sports Three consecutive strikes in bowling.
- talk turkey Informal To speak frankly and get down to the basic facts of a matter.