To lead or bring in; to conduct or usher in; as, to introduce a person into a drawing-room.
- To present (someone) by name to another in order to establish an acquaintance.
- To present (a performer, for example) to the public for the first time.
- To bring forward (a plan, for example) for consideration.
- To provide (someone) with a beginning knowledge or first experience of something: introduced me to weightlifting.
- To bring in and establish in a new place or environment: exotic plants that had been introduced from the jungle.
- To bring into currency, use, or practice; originate: introduced the new product in several test markets; introduced the tango into their circle of friends.
- To put inside or into; insert or inject.
- To open or begin; preface: introduced the slide show with an orienting talk.