The act of receiving; receipt; admission; as, the reception of food into the stomach; the reception of a letter; the reception of sensation or ideas; reception of evidence.
- The act or process of receiving or of being received.
- Football The act or an instance of catching a forward pass.
- A welcome, greeting, or acceptance: a friendly reception.
- A social function, especially one intended to provide a welcome or greeting: a wedding reception.
- Mental approval or acceptance: the reception of a new theory.
- Electronics Conversion of transmitted radio waves or electric signals into perceptible forms, such as sound or light, by means of antennas and electronic equipment.
- Electronics The condition or quality of the waves or signals so received.