Old; ancient; of genuine antiquity; as, an antique statue. In this sense it usually refers to the flourishing ages of Greece and Rome.
- Belonging to, made in, or typical of an earlier period. See Synonyms at old.
- Of or belonging to ancient times, especially of, from, or characteristic of ancient Greece or Rome.
- Of or dealing in antiques.
- Old-fashioned: wore a suit of rather antique appearance.
- An object having special value because of its age, especially a domestic item or piece of furniture or handicraft esteemed for its artistry, beauty, or period of origin.
- The style or manner of ancient times, especially that of ancient Greek or Roman art: an admirer of the antique.
- To give the appearance of an antique to: antiqued an oak chest.
- To hunt or shop for antiques.