Beard, or that which resembles it, or grows in the place of it.
- A sharp point projecting in reverse direction to the main point of a weapon or tool, as on an arrow or fishhook.
- A cutting remark.
- Zoology One of the parallel filaments projecting from the main shaft of a feather.
- Botany A short, sharply hooked bristle or hairlike projection.
- See barbel1.
- Any of various Old World freshwater fishes of the genus Barbus or Puntius and related genera.
- A linen covering for a woman's head, throat, and chin worn in medieval times.
- To provide or furnish with a barb.
- A horse of a breed introduced by the Moors into Spain from northern Africa that resembles the Arabians and is known for its speed and endurance.
- One of a breed of domestic pigeons that is similar to the carrier and has dark plumage.