One of the peculiar dermal appendages, of several kinds, belonging to birds, as contour feathers, quills, and down.
- One of the light, flat growths forming the plumage of birds, consisting of numerous slender, closely arranged parallel barbs forming a vane on either side of a horny, tapering, partly hollow shaft.
- Clothing; attire.
- A feathery tuft or fringe of hair, as on the legs or tail of some dogs.
- Character, kind, or nature: Birds of a feather flock together.
- Something small, trivial, or inconsequential.
- A strip, wedge, or flange used as a strengthening part.
- A wedge or key that fits into a groove to make a joint.
- The vane of an arrow.
- A feather-shaped flaw, as in a precious stone.
- The wake made by a submarine's periscope.
- The act of feathering the blade of an oar in rowing.
- To cover, dress, or decorate with or as if with feathers.
- To fit (an arrow) with a feather.
- To thin, reduce, or fringe the edge of by cutting, shaving, or wearing away.
- To shorten and taper (hair) by cutting and thinning.
- To connect with a tongue-and-groove joint.
- To turn (an oar blade) almost horizontal as it is carried back after each stroke.
- To alter the pitch of (a propeller) so that the chords of the blades are parallel with the line of flight.
- To alter the pitch of (the rotor of a helicoptor) while in forward flight.
- To turn off (an aircraft engine) while in flight.
- To grow feathers or become feathered.
- To move, spread, or grow in a manner suggestive of feathers.
- To feather an oar.
- To feather a propeller.
- feather in (one's) cap An act or deed to one's credit; a distinctive achievement.
- feather (one's) nest To grow wealthy by taking advantage of one's position or by making use of property or funds left in one's trust.
- fine In excellent form, health, or humor.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
പൂട - Pooda ;പക്ഷം - Paksham ;തൂവല് മുളയ്ക്കുക - Thooval Mulaykkuka ;ആഘോഷം - Aaghosham | aghosham ;പക്ഷനാഡി - Pakshanaadi | Pakshanadi ;(മനുഷ്യര്) വേട്ടയാടുന്ന പക്ഷി - (manushyar) Vettayaadunna Pakshi | (manushyar) Vettayadunna Pakshi ;