The act of appointing; designation of a person to hold an office or discharge a trust; as, he erred by the appointment of unsuitable men.
- The act of appointing or designating someone for an office or position.
- The office or position to which one has been appointed.
- An arrangement to do something or meet someone at a particular time and place. See Synonyms at engagement.
- Furnishings, fittings, or equipment.
- Law The act of directing the disposition of property by virtue of a power granted for this purpose.