The act of fitting or adapting, or the state of being fitted or adapted; adaptation; adjustment; -- followed by to.
- The act of accommodating or the state of being accommodated; adjustment.
- Something that meets a need; a convenience.
- Room and board; lodgings.
- A seat, compartment, or room on a public vehicle.
- Reconciliation or settlement of opposing views.
- Physiology The automatic adjustment in the focal length of the lens of the eye to permit retinal focus of images of objects at varying distances.
- A financial favor, such as a loan.