An article of furniture to sleep or take rest in or on; a couch. Specifically: A sack or mattress, filled with some soft material, in distinction from the bedstead on which it is placed (as, a feather bed), or this with the bedclothes added. In a general sense, any thing or place used for sleeping or reclining on or in, as a quantity of hay, straw, leaves, or twigs.
- A piece of furniture for reclining and sleeping, typically consisting of a flat, rectangular frame and a mattress resting on springs.
- A bedstead.
- A mattress.
- A place where one may sleep; lodging: found bed and board at an inn.
- Accommodations for a single person at a hospital or institution: a maternity ward with 30 beds.
- A time at which one goes to sleep: drank milk before bed.
- A place for lovemaking.
- A marital relationship with its rights and intimacies.
- A small plot of cultivated or planted land: a flower bed.
- An underwater or intertidal area in which a particular organism is established in large numbers: a clam bed; an oyster bed.
- The bottom of a body of water, such as a stream.
- A supporting, underlying, or securing part, especially:
- A layer of food surmounted by another kind of food: tomatoes on a bed of lettuce.
- A foundation of crushed rock or a similar substance for a road or railroad; a roadbed.
- A layer of mortar upon which stones or bricks are laid.
- Printing The heavy table of a printing press in which the type form is placed.
- The part of a truck, trailer, or freight car designed to carry loads.
- Geology A rock mass of large horizontal extent bounded, especially above, by physically different material.
- Geology A deposit, as of ore, parallel to local stratification.
- A heap of material: a bed of wood chips.
- To furnish with a bed or sleeping quarters: We bedded our guests down in the study.
- To put or send to bed.
- To have sexual relations with.
- To plant in a prepared plot of soil.
- To lay flat or arrange in layers.
- To embed.
- To establish; base.
- To go to bed.
- Geology To form layers or strata.
- get into bed with Slang To become closely involved with another person or group, as in an intrigue: "The Israelis were experienced at this kind of [covert] ... work, but it was essential that the administration not get into bed with them on this” ( Bob Woodward).
- go to bed with To have sexual relations with.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
വിശ്രമം - Vishramam ;തടം - Thadam ;ഉറക്കിടം - Urakkidam ;പരിഗ്രഹിക്കുക - Parigrahikkuka ;ഉറപ്പോടെ ബന്ധിക്കുക - Urappode Bandhikkuka ;ശിരം - Shiram ;