- To bring up (a subject) for discussion or debate.
- To announce: We broached our plans for the new year.
- To pierce in order to draw off liquid: broach a keg of beer.
- To draw off (a liquid) by piercing a hole in a cask or other container.
- To shape or enlarge (a hole) with a tapered, serrated tool.
- A tapered, serrated tool used to shape or enlarge a hole.
- The hole made by such a tool.
- A spit for roasting meat.
- A mason's narrow chisel.
- A gimlet for tapping or broaching casks.
- Variant of brooch.
- Nautical To veer or cause to veer broadside to the wind and waves: tried to keep the boat from broaching to.