To cook, as eggs, by breaking them into boiling water; also, to cook with butter after breaking in a vessel.
- To cook in a boiling or simmering liquid: Poach the fish in wine.
- To trespass on another's property in order to take fish or game.
- To take fish or game in a forbidden area.
- To become muddy or broken up from being trampled. Used of land.
- To sink into soft earth when walking.
- To take or appropriate something unfairly or illegally.
- Sports To play a ball out of turn or in another's territory, as in doubles tennis.
- To trespass on (another's property) for fishing or hunting.
- To take (fish or game) illegally.
- To make (land) muddy or broken up by trampling.
- To take or appropriate unfairly or illegally.
- Sports To play (a ball) out of turn or in another's territory.