A casting or throwing seed in all directions, as from the hand in sowing.
- To transmit (a radio or television program) for public or general use.
- To send out or communicate, especially by radio or television: The agency broadcast an urgent appeal for medical supplies.
- To make known over a wide area: broadcast rumors. See Synonyms at announce.
- To sow (seed) over a wide area, especially by hand.
- To transmit a radio or television program for public or general use.
- To be on the air: The station begins broadcasting at 6 A.M.
- To participate in a radio or television program.
- To send a transmission or signal; transmit.
- Transmission of a radio or television program or signal for public use.
- A radio or television program: watched the morning news broadcast.
- The duration of such a program.
- The act of scattering seed.
- Communicated by means of television or radio.
- Of or relating to television or radio communications: broadcast journalism; the print and broadcast media.
- Widely known.
- Scattered over a wide area.
- In a scattered manner.