The fluid which we breathe, and which surrounds the earth; the atmosphere. It is invisible, inodorous, insipid, transparent, compressible, elastic, and ponderable.
- A colorless, odorless, tasteless, gaseous mixture, mainly nitrogen (approximately 78 percent) and oxygen (approximately 21 percent) with lesser amounts of argon, carbon dioxide, hydrogen, neon, helium, and other gases.
- This mixture with varying amounts of moisture and particulate matter, enveloping the earth; the atmosphere.
- The sky; the firmament.
- A giant void; nothingness: The money vanished into thin air.
- An atmospheric movement; a breeze or wind.
- Aircraft: send troops to Europe by air.
- Public utterance; vent: gave air to their grievances.
- The electronic broadcast media: "often ridiculed . . . extremist groups on air” ( Christian Science Monitor).
- A peculiar or characteristic impression; an aura.
- Personal bearing, appearance, or manner; mien.
- An affected, often haughty pose; affectation. See Synonyms at affectation.
- Music A melody or tune, especially in the soprano or tenor range.
- Music A solo with or without accompaniment.
- Air conditioning.
- Archaic Breath.
- To expose so that air can dry, cool, or freshen; ventilate.
- To give vent to publicly: airing my pet peeves. See Synonyms at vent1.
- To broadcast on television or radio: "The ad was submitted to CBS . . . which accepted and aired it” ( New York).
- To be broadcast on television or radio: "tidbits that will air on tonight's 6 o'clock news” ( Terry Ann Knopf).
- Of or relating to the air or the movement of air: an air tube.
- Existing or living in the air; aerial.
- Powered by compressed air: an air horn.
- Containing or inflated by air.
- Of or relating to aircraft or aeronautics.
- Of or relating to the broadcast or transmission of radio or television signals.
- Imaginary or unreal: "The guy had just hit it big . . . after ten years of eating air sandwiches” ( Jonathan Kellerman).
- in the air Abroad; prevalent: Excitement was in the air.
- up in the air Not yet decided; uncertain.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ശ്വാസം - Shvaasam | Shvasam ;സ്യന്ദനന് - Syandhanan ;കാറ്റ് - Kaattu | Kattu ;ശാരം - Shaaram | Sharam ;പ്രജിനം - Prajinam ;സോമന് - Soman ;