The act or fact of communicating; as, communication of smallpox; communication of a secret.
- The act of communicating; transmission.
- The exchange of thoughts, messages, or information, as by speech, signals, writing, or behavior.
- Interpersonal rapport.
- The art and technique of using words effectively to impart information or ideas.
- The field of study concerned with the transmission of information by various means, such as print or broadcasting.
- Any of various professions involved with the transmission of information, such as advertising, broadcasting, or journalism.
- Something communicated; a message.
- A means of communicating, especially:
- A system, such as mail, telephone, or television, for sending and receiving messages.
- A network of routes for sending messages and transporting troops and supplies.
- The technology employed in transmitting messages.
- Biology The transfer of information from one molecule, cell, or organism to another, as by chemical or electrical signals or by behaviors.
- Anatomy An opening or connecting passage between two structures.
- Anatomy A joining or connecting of solid fibrous structures, such as tendons and nerves.