An incorporated town. See 1st Borough.
- A hole or tunnel dug in the ground by a small animal, such as a rabbit or mole, for habitation or refuge.
- A narrow or snug place.
- To dig a hole or tunnel for habitation or refuge.
- To live or hide in such a place.
- To move or progress by or as if by digging or tunneling: "Suddenly the train is burrowing through the pinewoods” ( William Styron).
- To make by or as if by tunneling.
- To dig a hole or tunnel in or through.
- Archaic To hide in or as if in a burrow.