A great gun; a piece of ordnance or artillery; a firearm for discharging heavy shot with great force.
- A large mounted weapon that fires heavy projectiles. Cannon include guns, howitzers, and mortars.
- The loop at the top of a bell by which it is hung.
- A round bit for a horse.
- Zoology The section of the lower leg in some hoofed mammals between the hock or knee and the fetlock, containing the cannon bone.
- Chiefly British A carom made in billiards.
- To bombard with cannon.
- Chiefly British To cause to carom in billiards.
- To fire cannon.
- Chiefly British To make a carom in billiards.