To relieve of a charge, load, or burden; to empty of a load or cargo; to unburden; to unload; as, to discharge a vessel.
- To relieve of a burden or of contents; unload.
- To unload or empty (contents).
- To release, as from confinement, care, or duty: discharge a patient; discharge a soldier.
- To let go; empty out: a train discharging commuters.
- To pour forth; emit: a vent discharging steam.
- To shoot: discharge a pistol.
- To remove from office or employment. See Synonyms at dismiss.
- To perform the obligations or demands of (an office, duty, or task). See Synonyms at perform.
- To comply with the terms of (a debt or promise, for example).
- Law To acquit completely: discharged the defendant.
- Law To set aside; annul: discharge a court order.
- To remove (color) from cloth, as by chemical bleaching.
- Electricity To cause the release of stored energy or electric charge from (a battery, for example).
- Architecture To apportion (weight) evenly, as over a door.
- Architecture To relieve (a part) of excess weight by distribution of pressure.
- To clear the record of the loan of (a returned library book).
- To get rid of a burden, load, or weight.
- To go off; fire: The musket discharged loudly.
- To pour forth, emit, or release contents.
- To become blurred, as a color or dye; run.
- To undergo the release of stored energy or electric charge.
- The act of removing a load or burden.
- The act of shooting or firing a projectile or weapon.
- A flowing out or pouring forth; emission; secretion: a discharge of pus.
- The amount or rate of emission or ejection.
- Something that is discharged, released, emitted, or excreted: a watery discharge.
- The act or an instance of removing an obligation, burden, or responsibility.
- Fulfillment of the terms of something, such as a debt or promise.
- Performance, as of an office or duty.
- Dismissal or release from employment, service, care, or confinement.
- An official document certifying such release, especially from military service.
- Law An annulment or acquittal; dismissal, as of a court order.
- Electricity Release of stored energy in a capacitor by the flow of current between its terminals.
- Electricity Conversion of chemical energy to electric energy in a storage battery.
- Electricity A flow of electricity in a dielectric, especially in a rarefied gas.
- Electricity Elimination of net electric charge from a charged body.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ചുമടിറക്കുക - Chumadirakkuka ;ജോലിയില് നിന്ന് വിടുതല് ചെയ്യുക - Joliyil Ninnu Viduthal Cheyyuka ;മോചിപ്പിക്കുക - Mochippikkuka ;വിട്ടയയ്ക്കുക - Vittayaykkuka ;വിമോചിക്കുക - Vimochikkuka ;മോചനം - Mochanam ;