A weapon which throws or propels a missile to a distance; any firearm or instrument for throwing projectiles by the explosion of gunpowder, consisting of a tube or barrel closed at one end, in which the projectile is placed, with an explosive charge behind, which is ignited by various means. Muskets, rifles, carbines, and fowling pieces are smaller guns, for hand use, and are called small arms. Larger guns are called cannon, ordnance, fieldpieces, carronades, howitzers, etc. See these terms in the Vocabulary.
- A weapon consisting of a metal tube from which a projectile is fired at high velocity into a relatively flat trajectory.
- A cannon with a long barrel and a relatively low angle of fire.
- A portable firearm, such as a rifle or revolver.
- A device resembling a firearm or cannon, as in its ability to project something, such as grease, under pressure or at great speed.
- A discharge of a firearm or cannon as a signal or salute.
- One, such as a hunter, who carries or uses a gun.
- A person skilled in the use of a gun.
- A professional killer: a hired gun.
- The throttle of an engine, as of an automobile.
- To shoot (a person): a bank robber who was gunned down by the police.
- To open the throttle of (an engine) so as to accelerate: gunned the engine and sped off.
- Maine To hunt (game).
- To hunt with a gun.
- gun for To pursue relentlessly so as to overcome or destroy.
- gun for To go after in earnest; set out to obtain: gunning for a promotion.
- go great guns To proceed or perform with great speed, skill, or success.
- hold a gun to (someone's) head To put pressure on someone.
- under the gun Under great pressure or under threat.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
തുപ്പാക്കി - Thuppaakki | Thuppakki ;തോക്ക് - തോക്ക് ;തോക്ക് - Thokku ;തോക്കുകൊണ്ടു വെടിവെക്കുക - Thokkukondu Vedivekkuka ;പീരങ്കി - Peeranki ;തോക്ക് - Thokku ;