Bearing a high price; high-priced; costly; expensive.
- Loved and cherished: my dearest friend.
- Greatly valued; precious: lost everything dear to them.
- Highly esteemed or regarded. Used in direct address, especially in salutations: Dear Lee Dawson.
- High-priced; expensive.
- Charging high prices.
- Earnest; ardent: "This good man was a dear lover and constant practicer of angling” ( Izaak Walton).
- Obsolete Noble; worthy.
- Heartfelt: It is my dearest wish.
- One that is greatly loved.
- An endearing, lovable, or kind person.
- With fondness; affectionately.
- At a high cost: sold their wares dear.
- Used as a polite exclamation, chiefly of surprise or distress: oh dear; dear me.
- Severe; grievous; sore: our dearest need.