Set apart to the service or worship of God; hallowed; sacred; reserved from profane or common use; holy vessels; a holy priesthood.
- Belonging to, derived from, or associated with a divine power; sacred.
- Regarded with or worthy of worship or veneration; revered: a holy book.
- Living according to a strict or highly moral religious or spiritual system; saintly: a holy person.
- Specified or set apart for a religious purpose: a holy place.
- Solemnly undertaken; sacrosanct: a holy pledge.
- Regarded as deserving special respect or reverence: The pursuit of peace is our holiest quest.
- Informal Used as an intensive: raised holy hell over the mischief their children did.