The quantity of medicine given, or prescribed to be taken, at one time.
- A specified quantity of a therapeutic agent, such as a drug or medicine, prescribed to be taken at one time or at stated intervals.
- The amount of radiation administered as therapy to a given site.
- An ingredient added, especially to wine, to impart flavor or strength.
- An amount, especially of something unpleasant, to which one is subjected: a dose of hard luck.
- Slang A venereal infection.
- To give (someone) a dose, as of medicine.
- To give or prescribe (medicine) in specified amounts.